Information We Collect
To use some Services or access certain portions of the Sites, you will need to provide contact and identity information, billing information, and other Personal Information as indicated. Once you register for Services or on the Sites, you are no longer anonymous to us. The information that we gather from you through the Services or the Sites enables us to provide, maintain and improve the Sites and the Services, personalize your experience, process your requests, and process the requests of others, and may include the following information:
Personal Information that you provide to us including your name, address, email address, phone numbers and other basic contact information, and your preferences, company information, bank information and credit card information.
Third Party Information that you provide to us or otherwise disclose in connection with the Sites or the Services, including, without limitation, third party names, addresses, email addresses, and other basic contact information; third party credit card information and account numbers; and other sensitive information relating to payments and transactions processed in connection with the Services.
Non-personally identifiable information that we gather on the Sites, including your IP address, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Sites and individual pages on the Sites and data that we may collect through cookies, web beacons or other means. You can take steps to disable cookies on your browser; however, this may affect your ability to use the Sites.
General information regarding requests and orders you place through the Sites.
Our Use And Disclosure Of Your Information
We may use your Personal Information and Third Party Information to:
- provide the Services and other products and services, including, without limitation, process payments and other transactions;
- resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- verify users' identity and the information users provide;
- encourage a safe online experience and enforce our policies;
- customize users' experience, analyze usage of the Sites, improve and measure interest in our Services, and inform users about Services, products, services and updates;
- provide users with information that may affect their use of the Sites, the Services, products and services;
- communicate marketing and promotional offers to our users;
- provide customer service;
- comply with any applicable laws;
- perform our obligations or enforce our rights under any separate agreements between OpenEdge and you or any third party; and
- perform certain other business activities
During the course of our business, we may use your Personal Information to deliver information to you that is targeted to your interests. Upon receipt of the first communication of this type, you will have the opportunity to opt-out of future communications by clicking on an unsubscribe link or by following unsubscribe instructions described within the communication. If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, you can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, as part of your registration for the Services or your request for any other products or services, you may receive certain communications from OpenEdge, such as administrative announcements and customer service messages regarding the Services or other products and service, and you will not be able to opt out of receiving such communications. From time to time, we may implement solutions designed to more efficiently capture your communications preferences. In any such event, we will strive to reflect any previously stated communicated preferences within such solutions. We do not sell or rent your Personal Information or Third Party Information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may share and you hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information and Third Party Information with the following:
- Corporate affiliates to help coordinate the Services or products and services we provide to you, enforce our conditions of use or other agreements and to promote trust and safety.
- Service providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the performance or delivery of the Services and other products or services to our users. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following: processing payments and other transactions, maintaining servers, sending email, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, reviewing content and providing customer service. Unless we tell you differently, such service providers and other companies and people do not have any right to use Personal Information or Third Party Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Third parties if we believe that disclosure is advisable or necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of OpenEdge, our employees, our users or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, credit risk reduction or other security purposes.
- Persons or entities with whom you consent to have your Personal Information or Third Party Information shared. For instance, when you request information, Services or other products or services from us, from our affiliates or a third party through us, or when you post information to the Sites, you provide your consent for us to share that information with others. Please note that whenever you post information on or through the Sites you are giving us your consent to share that information with third parties.
Third Party Websites &Amp; User Files
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
You may contact us at email@example.com to review any Personal Information we store about you that is not available on the Sites. There may be a charge associated with such requests.
PCI DSS Compliance Certification and Other Security Information
Many of our Services involve the processing of commercial transactions that include payment card information. As an independent sales organization, we adhere to and comply with the current Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, which were established by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council to ensure that companies process, store or transmit credit card information in a secure environment.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you should know that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, regardless of any effort on our part to protect our Personal Information or Third Party Information, so we make no guarantees. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications and you should not expect that your Personal Information or Third Party Information will remain private. Additionally, it is your responsibility to keep your account and Personal Information and Third party Information safe and secure by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Policy Toward Children
OpenEdge is concerned about the safety and privacy of children who use the Internet. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request Personal Information from anyone less than 18 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you become aware that your child under 18 years of age has provided us with Personal Information without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our files.
Notification of Changes
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at the Sites or in connection with the Services, please send a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.